Turmeric Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric root or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (3–4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 of 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Heat ghee in a large soup pot over medium-low.
- Add onion, stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the onions begin to brown.
- Add carrots and celery, cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the vegetables soften.
- Add turmeric, garlic and ginger; stir until the vegetables are coated.
- Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add broth or water, salt, and pepper; stir. Bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower. Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- When the cauliflower is fork tender, add beans and kale.
- Cook until the kale is slightly wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cilantro.